Certification of products in compliance with the precepts of Islamic Law
What does Halal mean?
What does Halal mean?
"Halal" comes from the Arabic word "حلال" (Halal), which means "permissible." The Holy Quran classifies food, goods, and services in different categories, such as "Halal" (permitted) or "Haram" (forbidden) in Islam. To follow this rule, it is essential for consumers to identify if the product they are buying in retail has been produced according to the Quran rules. Clear labeling is only possible when the products are identified as halal during the entire manufacturing process and the trade of purchased raw materials.
Halal certification applies to the food, cosmetic and pharmaceutical sectors and attests that a product is manufactured in full compliance with the precepts of Islamic Law, that it does not include any “forbidden” components, and has in no way been in contact with any substances or objects considered “impure”.
- Guarantee Islamic consumers that their religious precepts have been respected
- Ensure a high level of hygiene and safety of the product
- Respond to the growing demand for Halal products on the Italian and international markets.
HALAL Certification Requirements
- Application of the principles of good hygiene practices (GHP)
- Adoption of an appropriate risk assessment and risk management system, aimed at hygiene and health safety, and compliance with the rules of Islamic law.
- Adoption of Food Safety principles and implementation of PPR and OPRP Program
Halal certification is a voluntary process by which a credible Halal certification body, like QA Technic, certifies that a company's products or services can be lawfully consumed by Muslims. Products and services that meet the requirements of Islamic rules are delivered with Halal certificates. They may use an QA Technic logo on their products and advertising.
QA Technic is a proud member of the World Halal Food Council and is officially recognized by renowned bodies from around the world, such as LPPOM MUI (Indonesia), JAKIM (Malaysia), and MUIS (Singapore). We provide Halal certifications to businesses around the globe after going through a proven process that examines each Halal aspect of the company. Our QA Technic Certificate is recognized worldwide as a guarantee of professional, trustworthy, and shariah-complaint certification with the highest quality. The collaboration and combined input of world-class scientists and legal and religious scholars from around the world assures a Halal guarantee on the entire value chain of a product.